- Lowercase p, dangit! – WordprEss’s Matt Mullenweg included a filter in WordprEss 3.0 that automatically corrects instances of WordprEss that are mispelled – he feels very strongly that it should be spelled WordPress. This filter can actually break certain WordprEss installations, but currently the issue is marked as “Won’t Fix”. A branding excercise that could go very wrong.
- ShrimpTest Starts Rocking the A/B Testing – Very interesting plugin in development for native A/B testing. The developer is looking for people to help out with the development and testing. Check out his presentation to see how it works and how you can help.
- Make Watercolor and Marker Style Portraits with Illustrator – Illustrator can be a tricky app to get used to, this tutorial takes you step by step through creating sketch like drawings.
- Proportional leading with CSS3 Media Queries – A CSS how-to for changing the leading of your type depending on the width of your content column (line width) in a fluid layout.
- Finally, A Decent Facebook Welcome Tab Creator For All – TechCrunch discusses customising your FaceBook page and gives some handy links for tools you can use to make your FaceBook page unique.
- How and Why to Create a “Save as PDF” Button for Your Best Content – Search Engine Journal link to a handy tool that allows you to put a “Create a PDF” button on your best content, encouraging users to save & possibly share your content.
- Google “abused dominant position” by turning off Adwords account : TameBay : eBay news blog and forum – Company forced to lay off 12 staff when Google turned off their Adwords account, wiping out 60% of the company’s business. via redfly
Reading List: July 26th 2010
Jul 26th, 2010