- Google Analytics Blog: Using The Wrong Tracking Code Can Cost You $500k a Year – How using a (very) old version of Google Analytics code could be costing your eCommerce site a LOT of money!
- Old Spice polishes its monocle smile all the way to a 107% sales increase. – Old Spice naysayers have to eat their hat as figures indicate the campaign was a success, but beware of copycats!
- Zappos.com Redesign: Happy Cog – Nice overview of HappyCogs refreshing of Zappos website design
- jQuery Backstretch by Scott Robbin & A List Apart: Articles: Supersize that Background, Please! -two different methods of achieving a background image that fits the entire screen.
- Facebook | Facebook Promotions Guidelines – Guidelines for running competitions through FaceBook – fascinating read, especially when you realise the amount of people on FaceBook flaunting the rules.
- SEOmoz | An Inside Look at Competitors Backlinks with Open Site Explorer – More great linkbuilding tips / insights from SEOmoz
- Things You Should Never Do, Part I – Joel on Software – Very interesting read about how rewriting code from scratch is not always as good an idea as it might seem…
- FourTrack for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store – Incredible looking app that turns your iPhone into a four track recorder – for less than a tenner. I’ve been trying it out, it’s one of those apps that adds huge value to my iPhone.
Reading List: Aug 3rd
Aug 3rd, 2010